City Care Alliance PCN – Spirit Healthcare Limited, Leicester
- 37.5 hours pw
- Extremely Competitive Package
- Up to 38 days available leave
- Additional Benefits including bonus and share options
- Career Progression
- Work Life Balance
- Work Satisfaction
- Making a Difference
This is an amazing opportunity join our Clinical Services team for City Care Alliance PCN. We are a rapidly growing family of healthcare companies and offer an exceptional package and progression for the right person. These are exciting times – come and join us!
We make health easy for healthcare services and patients by seeking alternative perspectives and implementing effective solutions. We are delivering this through our family of innovative companies. We live by our values and are dedicated to retaining and recruiting exceptional talent. If you are exceptional (or aspire to be), desire progression, challenge and wish to be part of a brilliant and fun family, come and join us.
The overarching job purpose is to:
- As first-contact physiotherapist uses clinical expertise and decision-making skills to determine the best course of action for patient care. This will involve seeing patients, without prior contact with their GP, in order to establish a rapid and accurate diagnosis and management plan.
- Request or undertake investigations to facilitate diagnosis and choice of treatment, understanding the information gained and the relative sensitivity and specificity of diagnostic tests such as x-rays and blood tests. Interpret and act on results to aid diagnosis and the management plans of patients.
- Deliver programmes of supported patient self-management, to facilitate behavioural change, optimise individual physical activity, mobility, and independence, aiming to minimise the need for pharmacological interventions.
A full Job Description is available.
- Demonstrates general physiotherapy skills and knowledge in core areas.
- Plans, manages, monitors, advises and reviews general physiotherapy care programmes for patients in core areas, including disease states /long term conditions identified by local needs assessment.
- Exercises a reflective and critical approach to personal professional scope of practice to identify when a patient needs referring on and where there are opportunities for developing the scope and competence of the wider MDT to meet patient care needs.
- Provides highly specialist advice and treatment to patients as delegated and agreed by the supervising GP Clinical Lead in line with practice policy and using established clinical guidelines.
- Integrates a broad range of interventions into practice, including injection therapy and independent prescribing, while also promoting non-pharmacological solutions to patient care.
- Makes decisions about treatment plans through effective patient assessment, in partnership with patients and carers, informed by the urgency and severity of patient need.
- Manages risk in unpredictable, uncertain situations to promote patient safety, referring on to other primary care professionals and to specialist services, as required.
- Follows legal, ethical, professional and organisational policies/procedures and codes of conduct.
- Adheres to relevant NICE and professional guidance to promote evidence-based physiotherapy practice.
- Works within limits of personal knowledge and practice based on assessment of competence to deliver these skills and delegation by senior practice staff.
- Seeks opportunities for mentorship and supervision from clinical colleagues. The level and type of supervision will be dependent on the post holder’s skills and knowledge and be determined by those providing mentorship and supervision.
Interested? Come and join the Spirit Family and be part of driving our (and your) success forward.