East Staffordshire and South East Staffordshire, UK
- Hours are flexible (Bank)
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunity to create change and make a difference
Are you passionate about supporting patients to take control of their self-management and improve their quality of life?
Do you want to make a difference, deliver brilliant results and work in an amazing team?
Do you wish for a fabulous benefits package?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Band 4 Technical Instructor to join our team across East and South East Staffordshire delivering high quality Pulmonary Rehabilitation (PR).
Spirit Health Group is a fabulous place to work. We genuinely do things differently! We are like no other healthcare company and only employ exceptional people who embrace and encourage change. We innovate. We simplify. We inspire. We look at things from a new perspective, and we genuinely care about patients and our people. We live by our values of brilliance, vigour and family – that’s how we roll.
We’re more than just an award-winning family; we’ve been voted the best health and social care company to work for in the UK! In addition to this recognition, we’ve achieved an impressive #16 in the national league tables, surpassing last year’s ranking of #88. Our outstanding levels of engagement have won us recognition from Best Companies in 2021 and 2022, and we are also proud winners of the Business Culture Awards.
Our people are pivotal in:
- Saving the NHS millions of pounds with a rapidly growing range of cost-effective healthcare products and devices.
- Implementing medicines optimisation and prescribing programmes, brilliantly
- Building innovative digital remote monitoring solutions for people with long-term health conditions.
- Providing patients with high-quality education services.
- Dispensing NHS prescriptions through our friendly pharmacy that has a passion for diabetes.
Our massive growth plans will help us save the NHS £1 billion and touch the lives of millions more patients.
Under the direction of a physiotherapist/exercise physiologist, you will deliver an exceptional pulmonary rehabilitation service providing highly skilled support work. Seeing patients both face to face and through the use of digital remote monitoring, your insight will assist you to formulate plans and progress treatments to ensure your patients receive the care they need.
You will empower individuals to take control of their care through self-management and aid them to improve heir own quality of life. It’s an exciting opportunity to really make a difference to the lives of others and to deliver exceptional patient-focused care.
Main duties include:
- To work independently under the direction of the Physiotherapist /exercise physiologist supporting the efficient day-to-day running of the service by providing highly skilled support work.
- To deliver pulmonary rehabilitation plans independently and progress treatments within guidelines and protocols. To be accountable for these tasks.
- To be responsible for demonstrating tasks and the use of equipment to individuals and groups of service users/patients
- To provide education sessions as part of the pulmonary rehabilitation programme
A full Job Description is available
The successful candidate will have prior knowledge of working within a therapy team or exercise setting and experience of delivering exercise and/or rehabilitation. The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate effective communication and motivational skills and be able to work as part of a team.
Experience of working in the community is desirable. All training and support will be given to the successful candidate.
Closing date for applications is 30 November 2023.
Interested? Come and join and be part of driving our (and your) success forward.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland.
We are an equal opportunities employer