NHS England recommends prescribing pen needles under £5 per box1. In a recent analysis, we found that less than 5% of CCGs have a mean average price of less than £52.
Insupen Original is priced at £3.55 per box, complies with ISO 11608 and additional self-imposed quality tests, to ensure quality without compromise3,4.
Make prescribing savings quickly
Spirit offers a FREE implementation service to drive down the cost of prescribing, without impacting your valuable time and resources.
The average CCG can save 25% on their annual pen needle spend by adopting Insupen Original2.
Making use of our active implementation service has been proven to deliver 700% greater savings than when leaving prescription changes to be managed at practice level without support5. We are experts at mobilisation and do the work for you. Other patient reviews can be conducted at the same time.
Insupen Original is available in 4 lengths and 4 gauges to match patient need. They are precision engineered to reduce friction points and have a wide internal diameter for efficient insulin administration.
Download our Insupen Original information leaflet.
1. Items which should not routinely be prescribed in primary care: Guidance for CCGs version 2, June 2019 NHS England Publishing Approval Reference 000608
2. Insulin Pen Needle cost model evaluation. Data on file, Spirit Healthcare, April 2020
3. Data on file, Spirit Healthcare. Pikdare quality standards and testing data, supplied April 2020
4. Comparison of usability and Patient Preference for insulin Pen Needles produced with different production Techniques:”Thin-Wall” Needles compared to “Regular-Wall” Needles: An Open-Label Study, Thorsten Siegmund, M.D., Hannes Blankenfeld, M.D., and Petra-Maria Schumm-Draeger,M.D.,
Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics. August 2009,11 (8):523-528. doi: 10.1089/dia. 2009. 0048. Published in Volume: 11 Issue 8: August 21, 2009
5. Jim Swift et al, “Implementing formulary change in diabetes”, British Journal of Healthcare Management, Vol. 23, No. 4
The Spirit Family of Companies
Since 2009, we have been working tirelessly to improve healthcare services.
We have grown into a family of companies and every single one of us is striving to help make the world a healthier and happier place.